Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Words that changed me.

I love written words. Especially, written words of wisdom. Here are a few that changed me in one way or another.


Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

** This has always helped me to remember to follow my own path- no one else’s.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I intended to be.
-Douglas Adams

** Spent way too many days of my twenty-something wondering what I was going to do with my life and worried that I didn’t have a clear enough plan. It took me awhile to realize this bit of wisdom.

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then… I contradict myself.
I am large… I contain multitudes.
-Walt Whitman

** I love this quote. I am ever changing, and that’s okay. :)

Things never were “they way they used to be,”
Things never will be “the way it’s going to be someday.”
Things are always just the way they are for the time being.
And the time being is always in motion.
-Alexander Evangeli Venopouloudakis - Robert Fulghum

** So true. This reminds me let go of those expectations I always seem to set for myself- you know, the high ones. Lol!

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- John 14:6

6 comments:

  1. Those are excellent quotes Jen! You're smart to write down the ones that strike you--I haven't done that and as a result I never have any good quotes at my fingertips. I need to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the quote from MLK jr. I worry to much about what other think of me:( I pray that I can be stronger in who I am.

    Thanks for the Walmart tip...I am totally going there tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen!

    I think I'm a quote addict. I have quotes tucked away everywhere. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky!

    The one by MLK Jr. is my all time favorite. :)

    you'll have to let me know how you like the taffy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadnt noticed you just started another blog, very nice! Great quotes too :0)

    ReplyDelete