Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why can't I remember...

This is very random but it happened again tonight.

Why is it that I can never remember if I locked the door behind me in the restroom at work?

Seriously.

It.never.fails. All this week, I've ran {literally- it's always a madhouse at work} to the bathroom, sit down only to glance at the door, and wonder...

Did I?

Or didn't I, push in the lock after I came in...

Ahhhhhh!!

Can't remember.

Nice.
Lovely.

{kind of like how I can never remember if I've turned off the hair straightener or the coffee pot on my way to work}

So, each time I have to I hurry as fast as humanly possible, so that no one walks in on me as I'm sitting there. {snort}

Why, oh why, can't I ever remember if I locked it??!

Is this how memory loss starts?

Yeah, I bet it does...


-Jen

4 comments:

  1. Try working with priests in a tiny office . . . I always pee as fast as I can. . . you don't want to let them know you do such a thing!

    God help me if one of them ever walked in on me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I do that! With me I'm always worried if I unplugged/turned off things. It drives me crazy! I think the best thing to do is say--as you're locking the door--"I'm locking the door!" Sometimes if you say it out loud you'll remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz! Hi Jen! I'm going to try saying it out loud and see if that works. Thanks for the idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I do this all the time with our garage door. I know I closed it but then I start to question so I have to turn around and drive back to make sure. I think my memory loss started when I had kids :)

    ReplyDelete