Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ramblings from a frigid woman

Here in Michigan, we're full swing into fall.

On my backyard tree, the leaves are turning the most vibrant, fire-red at their tips, and I've been holding off on pulling out my annuals and cutting back my perennial flowers because I love the look of leaves that have fallen on flowers.

The squirrels are out in full force, (just ask Miss Daisy who barks incessantly at them), and I have to wear my fleece jacket when I run morning errands. Yes, fall has arrived.

One thing that I haven't seen yet? Those big, beautiful geese flying in formation heading south. Ahhh. soon enough, I'm sure.

I wish there was a way to bypass winter though.

The cold just gets to me. Take these past few weeks for instance, when the temps get a bit chilly outside, I'm just always cold. Always. Cold.

It sucks!

Hubby thinks I'm exaggerating when I say, yep heating blanket tonight, I'm freezing- that is until he feels my feet! I could never be one of those Arctic survival stories where people survive in 10 below zero for 7 days in the car with no heat. I wouldn't last the night.

I've even had my blood checked thinking maybe I was anemic. I'm healthy, just so-stinkin'-cold-all-winter-it's-annoying.

But, look at what I found. And ordered. But, yet to receive. They're going to be heaven to me.

Microwaveable Warming Booties!

These people can take forever to ship, but I am waiting patiently. Oh, so very patiently for these beauties.

I'm in the mood to ramble on and on, so let me just show you very quickly what I made for hubby yesterday because he's been having a hard week at police academy and I've been craving them-

Pumpkin Strudel Muffins!

Photobucket

They were tasty little things. If I can get back on this afternoon, I'm hoping to post the recipe.

Happy Thursday!
-Jen

8 comments:

  1. I'm jealous Jen--it still feels too summery here for me. I'm one of those weirdos that likes the cold weather!

    Those muffins look good! Recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are brave to live in Michigan. I FREEZE during the winter here too. (Ohio) It never used to be that way, but now in the deep throws of winter I have to take HOT baths at night just to knock the chill off.
    Enjoy the beautiful Fall! (and thoses yummy muffins!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! Where is the recipe?? You can't leave us hanging like that.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen- Guess what the weather man said our temps will be this weekend? 78! It'll fee like summer this weekend. :O

    Hi Becky- I know exactly what you mean about hot baths at night in the winter. Sometimes, it's my last resort to get warm. Happy Fall!

    Hi Jennifer- {{singing you Happy birthday}}!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. Last night I wore socks to bed and it wasn't even that cold. I think I have the coldest feet - my husband calls them ice blocks. He would sleep with the windows open during the middle of winter if he could. I love fall but winter, I could skip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muffins sound delicious, I want some microwave booties too, lol. Already broke out the fuzzy winter socks, its getting chilly~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fall too, but I am with you. Winter sucks. those pumpkin thingies look divine!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh those Muffins look divine. They would make a welcome change from pumpkin soup (am on my 3rd pan now)so you will have to post that recipe! I know what you mean about the cold. The temperature here can drop as far as -17 in the winter, which I never expected in France. My mum gave me some cashmere socks from Scotland for Christmas last year and they do a pretty good job of keeping my tootsies warm. Thanks for dropping by my site. Lovely to have found yours.

    ReplyDelete