Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up!

Don't you just love fall weekends?

We had an early 'Trick-or Treat' test run up at my in-law's campground. They wrap up their camping season with a Halloween bash that includes a zillion kids trick-or-treating. Haley and her bff walked with us for a few minutes, then I let them off of the hook and they went on their merry way trying to get as much candy as possible in the hour allotted.

On this Trick-or-treat test run, we learned a few things about Nicholas...

a) He's not quite there yet with, 'Trick-or-treat!' He rather seemed bothered a bit with it. {{his mommy was proud that he didn't seem bothered at all to say Thank-you, though}}

b) Acquiring tons of candy is not high on his 2 year-old list of priorities, he was much too busy concentrating on what kind of candy was being put into his bag. {{ see pics below}}

What did that lady put in my bag?
Photobucket


I think I can reach it.
Photobucket


Yep, just as I suspected, a chocolate pumpkin.
Photobucket


He did this after every stop. He just had to see in his bag, so he didn't get much candy, but his big sister has enough to share.

My weekend craftiness:

Recently, I came across a fab DIY art tutorial via Tip Junkie. I knew I had to make it for my home.

It seems this creative blogger and I have the same weird fetish of always having to change things/redecorate our homes. I don't feel so alone, now.

Here's her mega cute idea: DIY Monogrammed Art

My supplies:
Photobucket


After a few minutes putting it all together:
Photobucket

Isn't it adorable?
I LOVE IT!!

Thanks so much for sharing your creativeness, Steph!

Happy Monday!
-Jen

6 comments:

  1. The K looks great. I also love your Blog layout. I love the green and black!

    I saw your necklaces on your other blog. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is such a cute and easy idea. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty much how we trick or treat here. My little guy could care less...he just wants to keep up with his older siblings.

    Cute craft project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer- Thank you!

    Hi Cammi- I know it's so simple, yet so cute.

    Hi Jen- The little ones are a wee bit young to appreciate the free candy thing- lol. I think we'll just be doing a few houses on our street come Halloween. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That letter craft is a really cute idea--it would make a great gift too!

    Nicholas looks so cute in his dino costume--how fun he got to do a test run for trick or treating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Love it! I am currently decorating my home and love the great tips!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete