Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Inspiration: Antlers?

Seems I'm always being inspired.

Recently, Pottery Barn inspired me with their Frosted Branches.

I knew I had to whip me up some of these!

So, I went and bought some white glitter:
Photobucket

Mil brought me some branches:
Photobucket

and an hour later...

Frosted Branches:
They look so glittery gorgeous up close!
Photobucket


Then I put them in my vase...
Photobucket

Photobucket

... frosted antlers anyone?




I guess you win some and you lose some. lol.

Now, I just have to find some vase replacements. The blossom branches that I had in the vase just don't look right among the Christmas decor. And, the frosty antlers aren't cutting it.

I need to find some more inspiration...

'Cause if you know me, I can't let a vase sit empty.



PS- I'm open for suggestions, bloggy friends. =)

12 comments:

  1. I like the glittery branches/antlers!! I love anything glittered!! But I'll think about some more ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I tried your paper ornaments and posted them. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out fantastic! I cheated and bought some glitter branches at WalMart while I was buying Martha paper to make your ornaments. I did think that I could easily make these. Oh well.

    What about putting cranberries in the vase? Or I use epson salts (looks like snow) then put a faux tree or tree candle on top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if Hubby would let me 'frost' the antlers on his deer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's super cool jen! i like the idea of the cranberries....it would add some color and probably look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! Keep it, because it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really cool! I just bought some of that glitter too! Off to find some branches tomorrow:) Thank you for the cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! Looks like a craft for my kids and me later to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi girlies- great suggestions. I really liek the cranberry idea! =)

    Ginette, I'm on my way to check out your ornaments. I bet they look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look amazing! I may have to try those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they look great! I've been looking for something 'different' to put in a vase and I think this is it. Thanks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What about putting some bright red or silver ball ornaments in the vase? And then maybe hanging one of the ornaments off one of the branches?

    ReplyDelete