Saturday, December 13, 2008

Honest Award!



Photobucket



Two of my very sweet bloggy friends, Becky and
Andrea have bestowed on me this rockin' honest award!

Thank you so much, you sweet thangs, you!

Here's the award rules:

Write a post about the award, link back to the person who gave you the award.
Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
Add links to those blogs on your blog.
Leave a message for the nominees on their blogs.
Name 10 honest random things about yourself.

I'm passing this honest award on to:

1- Jen @ Our Daily Big Top! A place that always makes me smile. =)
2- Liz @ A Mom on Spin! A blog that {cracks} me up on a daily basis!
3- Nette @ Nette's Niche! A sweet blog that I've recently discovered. {Check out her adorable header!}
4- Little momma @ little momma & co. This blogger is so creative she sparkles!
5, 6 and 7- My ivillage friends, Jen @ The fun house , Angie @ Hugs, Bugs, Tots and Whatnots, and Tami @ Life's Little Challenges. I love keeping up with these girlies here in bloggyland.

Now, on to 10 honest things about myself:

1- I have this thing for the past tense. I love history, antiques and most things old. Even people. {grin}
My mother-in-law used to pass this magazine on to me that she'd get from a friend- 'Reminisce'. I'd read this magazine front to back and back to front. Tell me a story from times gone by and I'm a listenin'.

2- My favorite part of making home made chicken noodle soup is preparing the Mirepoix. There's just something about chopping all them up on the cutting board that I like. I know, I'm weird. I'm just trying to be honest, though.

3- About cooking. I really like to cook, but I'd have absolutely no aversion to having a live-in personal chef. Preferably, a chef with the initials, T.F. I know, bad girl. Again, just being honest.

4- I will never, ever, ever stop being a voice for animals. I've been so discouraged by all the truly evil, animal abusers that walk the face of the earth, but I have to remind myself to continue to be their voice because they don't have one. The ASPCA rocks!

5- Small, tedious things and me do not mix. period. =)

6- I drink too much coffee. 3+ a day. Bad girl.

7- I want to paint my kitchen cabinets black. I've just been too chicken to do it. {cluck, cluck}

8- I'm so excited that 'The Duchess' comes out on DVD on December 27th that I'd seriously do some back flips if I could!! I've been wanting so very badly to see this movie but never made it to the theater to see it.
{Okay, I have to be honest, right? Again I was, {cluck, cluck} too darn chicken to go by myself and it's not an appropriate movie to drag bring Haley to, or I would have.}
Don't be surprised if I start signing my blog posts, 'Georgiana' after I see it. I already <3 her, so this movie might push me to infatuation. ;P

9- I am on the internet way too much. I'm almost ashamed to think of how much more of a productive member of society I'd be, if I'd just remove my tush from my desk chair more often.

10- I hate peanuts. Ughh-yuck! Love pecans, though!

Thanks again for passing on this award to me bloggyville pals. =)

-Jen

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Jen! That' a cool award! I like your honest things--I can't imagine not liking peanuts though--does that mean you don't like peanut butter? I guess it must!

    As for the Xmas letters--I do save them, but I've been disorganized w/ them. I'm VERY behind in my scrapbooking.

    I will have to think of my 10 honest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie!

    I don't mind peanut butter so much, it's eating the actual peanut that I {shivers} don't like. Weird, huh?

    Those letters are definitely keepers! :D

    Can't wait to see your 10 honest things, Jen!
    It's always way harder than it seems to come up with 10 random things about yourself, I've found. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award Jen! I'm not sure how honest I can be ;) A girl has to have some secrets right? LOL!

    I agree with #9...it's so easy to get lost in blogland. I so enjoy reading them and I'm not a big fan of peanuts (the actual nut) too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that 3+ cups a day? Hubby and my Mom polish of a whole pot a day by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen- You're Welcome! =)

    Hi April- Yes, 3 cups or more a day! I'm glad to hear others drink as much coffee as I do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou much! That was fun :0)

    ReplyDelete