Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pineapple-Pecan Muffins!


Photobucket


Move over, Spongebob! You don't hold a candle to this pineapple lover. I'd live in one too, if I could.

{When I was a kid, the best part of the Christmas ham was the pineapple & cherries. In honor of my childhood taste buds, I think I'm going to add some dried cherries next time. Sounds pretty tasty, doesn't it?!}


Here's my simple pineapple muffin recipe, with some pecan and coconuts for some simple goodness:

Pineapple Pecan Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 {generous} cup crushed pineapple, drained
Sweetened coconut {garnish}

Photobucket




1-Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and grease 12 muffin tins.
2-In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, ground ginger and brown sugar.
3-In another bowl combine egg, milk, oil and pineapple.
4-Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
5-Mix in chopped pecans.
6-Divide batter evenly among 12, greased muffin tins and top with coconut.
7- Bake at 400 F. for about 16-18 minutes or until done.
8- Eat & enjoy! =)

Photobucket


Happy Thursday!
-Jen

10 comments:

  1. Those look so good. I am printing off that recipe.

    I LOVE pineapple too! I love ordering the Hawaiian Pizza since I am the only one who will eat it I am ensured leftovers for lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMO!!

    those look totally delish!! I love pineapple and another of my most favorite foods is coconut!! wow you got them all together in one scruptious treat!! :)

    i'm going to have to try these out.

    :)

    have you ever had baked pineapple?? it is a dish my mom makes at most holiday meals... it is to dye for!! :) if you would like the recipe let me know i can get it from her and email it to you. :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Jen--those look and sound crazy delicious!! I'm a big paineapple fan too--must try those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good. Hope they tasted as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look yummy. If I baked, I would so make those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I also love pineapples! I love pineapples and cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got an award for you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooo trying this...I LOVE pineapple and coconut :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm these look yummo!! I must give it a try!! Thanks chickie!!

    ReplyDelete