Sunday, February 15, 2009

EWD- Baked Pastina!

Easy Weeknight Dinners, 2nd Edition.

Love simple, yet delicious Italian dishes?? Yeah, me too. =)

Here's a great recipe that I love, from one of my cooking mentors, Giada...

Photobucket

Baked Pastina
Recipe courtesy of Giada DeLaurentis

1 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup cubed chicken breast
1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 a small onion)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon butter, plus more for buttering the baking dish

1-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

2-Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain pasta into a large mixing bowl.

3-Meanwhile, put the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic, stirring to combine, and cook until the onions are soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more.

4-Put the chicken mixture into the bowl with the cooked pasta. Add the canned tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.

5- Place the mixture in a buttered 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish. In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta mixture. Dot the top with small bits of butter.

6-Bake until the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.

Soooooooooo delicious! We never have any leftovers of this!

Happy Sunday!
-Jen

5 comments:

  1. Yum. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking for some new dinner recipes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks yummy, will have to try it :)I like your blog and you have a beautiful family!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and if you are interested I have a cute giveaway going on on my other blog here
    http://www.firefly-shop.org/2009/02/13/the-very-first-firefly-shop-giveaway/

    Check it out :) and visit soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing--I'm going to have to give it a try! I think I'll make more though so that I can have some leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, baby! Italian! Soo going into my bookmarked recipe folder, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete