Saturday, May 16, 2009

Proust Questionaire

{The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. Here is the basic Proust Questionnaire.}


1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? harmonious existence with everything in and around me

2. What is your greatest fear? that I let weaknesses keep me from living a full life


3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? indecisiveness

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? passing judgement

5. Which living person do you most admire? my husband

6. What is your greatest extravagance? the precious time I waste.

7. What is your current state of mind? reflective


8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? overrated virtue? Is there such a a thing? Here's a quick list. Can you think of one?

9. On what occasion do you lie? possibly to spare someone deep hurt

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? my crooked nose

11. Which living person do you most despise? child & animal killers/abusers

12. What is the quality you most like in a man? integrity/compassion

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? integrity/compassion

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? 'apparently' and 'no'

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? my husband

16. When and where were you happiest? when hubby & I started our life together and when my kids were born

17. Which talent would you most like to have? still thinking on this one

18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? more tenacity

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? my children

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? a tree. I'd love to watch generations of change- that is if I wasn't cut down.

21. Where would you most like to live? Italy

22. What is your most treasured possession? pictures of those I've lost. my memory has faded some, so these are very treasured.

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Godlessness.

24. What is your favorite occupation? photography, painter, potter, doctor.

25. What is your most marked characteristic? hmmm...

26. What do you most value in your friends? trustworthiness

27. Who are your favorite writers? Jane Austen and Robert Fulghum

28. Who is your hero of fiction? Miss Austen

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? this first seemed like such an easy answer to me, but the more I think about it the less sure of an answer I have

30. Who are your heroes in real life? all those who sacrifice for the good of others. Mother Teresa comes to mind. {smile}

31. What are your favorite names? my kids names. Violetta.

32. What is it that you most dislike? seafood. ignorance. violence.

33. What is your greatest regret? waiting so long to have another child

34. How would you like to die? peacefully

35. What is your motto? be kind


*Thanks to Vanity Fair for the list of Proust questions.

So, who's up for answering next??

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie- thanks for stopping by! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot about you in these 35 questions. I wish the rest of the world practiced your motto...wouldn't that be nice? I like your new profile pic - your hair is getting long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...such deep thought out questions! Too much for me on this sleepy Sunday morning. You answered them very well, and thouroughly, You are a wonderful person, no doubt by these answers! I love your answer on number 23, and 30 (if that is the one about Mother Teresa)
    Very Cool Post!~

    ReplyDelete